Hypnotherapy for Sleep Disorders in Orlando
Hypnosis and hypnotherapy techniques can relieve many sleep disorders. Using hypnosis to improve the quality and ease of sleep is a long-accepted practice. Through hypnosis and hypnotherapy, guided by our hypnotherapists, many clients explore the emotional issues that disrupt their sleep and resolve them. The result is that more satisfying sleep comes more readily.
Our Orlando hypnotherapy program can help with a variety of sleep issues. Some of the more frequent sleep disorders clients come to Orlando Hypnosis Clinic for are:
- Bed wetting – Bed wetting can affect both children and adults. Hypnosis can help identify and resolve behaviors that cause bed wetting.
- Insomnia – Insomnia responds well to hypnosis techniques. Depression, emotional disturbances, and medication can be the root cause of this sleep disorder.
- Nightmares – Nightmares respond well to hypnosis. In the hypnotic state, therapists work to calm the anxiety or stress that may cause terrifying dreams.
- Sleepwalking – Sleepwalking, or somnambulism, can occur at any age. Sleepwalking only occurs during deep sleep.
Generally, our hypnotherapy clients’ sleep problems fall into two categories:
- Not being able to fall asleep at night.
- Waking up inconveniently at an early hour and not being able to fall asleep again.
Learning effective self-hypnosis skills can help most people significantly improve their sleep patterns and overcome the indirect effects of insomnia and sleep problems, such as daytime anxiety and bruxism (teeth grinding during the night).
Anxiety, Stress, and How It Affects Sleep
One of the most common symptoms of anxiety and stress is sleep disturbance. Sleeping problems from anxiety and stress can take many forms such as:
- Inability to get to sleep.
- Fitful and disturbed sleep.
- Early waking with anxiety that prevents further sleep.
Lack of proper sleep produces fatigue and even more stress and tension. This creates a vicious cycle until the sufferer, defeated and exhausted, more often than not resorts to sleeping pills.
Insomnia can almost always be linked to tension, anxiety, work problems, financial difficulties, an unsatisfactory sex life, domestic crises, or any aspect of life that is a source of worry. A severe bout of depression can cause early morning waking or difficulty getting to sleep. Many who suffer from insomnia have great difficulty “switching off” their minds after an active day but may often have a deeper psychological issue present.
*Hypnotherapy can be used to break the pattern of overthinking at bed time. Falling asleep is natural for most of us, but for those with sleep disorders, hypnotherapy can train the subconscious mind to know when and how to sleep. Hypnotherapy can help you reduce overthinking too. It works by:
- Re-educating the mind to expect to enjoy a good night’s sleep.
- Teaching new relaxation techniques to help the mind and body to slow down at the end of the day. Sleeping becomes much easier in this state.
- Helping the client learn techniques to remove some of the noise from a racing mind. Insomnia and most sleep problems are a very modern phenomenon and representative of the pace of modern life.
- Helping the client understand some of the causes of insomnia and sleeping problems.
- Identifying and resolving events, current or past, that are subconsciously affecting sleep habits.
Call Orlando Hypnosis Clinic today at (407) 369-8474 for a free consultation or click here to get started now.