Karen Free, CHT
The purpose and passion throughout all my work has been to inspire, support and empower people to overcome their present personal circumstances and create the life they deserve to live. I am a seasoned professional speaker, workshop leader and Transformational Hypnosis & NLP Practitioner.
- Client Centered Hypnosis Practitioner
- Seasoned Speaking Professional
- Empathetic listener
- Community outreach specialist
- Certified Clinical Hypnotherapy
- Certified Medical Support Hypnosis Practitioner Fellow
- Certified NLP
- Bio-energy Practitioner
- Regression Certified
- Certified MBTI
- Sole student chosen to be substitute instructor for my teacher, Francis Campone in bio-energy healing classes and in his private bio-energy healing sessions for individuals suffering primarily from depression and serious or life-threatening illness. Also sole student chosen to continue teaching his unique and powerful healing work when he left the Houston area.
- Maintained a part time private bio-energy healing practice for over a decade and taught a series of bio-energy healing classes (3-6 months in length) for 4 years.
- Developed successful Outreach Programs to encourage high school students in primarily high risk areas to pursue post secondary education while developing and maintaining relationships with local school staffs. Program was used as a national model for company outreach and lead generation and consistently ranked 1st nationally in students reached, schools reached and business developed.
- Partnered in developing and instructing NLP teacher training programs to high school teaching and counseling staff. Replaced my position (after advancement) with a staff of professional volunteers (social workers, therapists, diagnosticians and police women) whom I trained to facilitate information and referral calls for a broad range of child advocacy needs.
- Developed and taught effective screening and reporting for child abuse to Child Protective Services for professional staff.
- Referred by CPS as a child advocate speaker on public television, news broadcasts and for national magazine articles.
- Authored MBTI personality profiles with common motivational values for each type.
- Authored a series of 5 children’s scripts called Sweet Dream Tales to introduce children to meditation and hypnosis.
09/2015 to Current: Sole Proprietor at Transformational Hypnosis and Dynamic Meditation － Houston, TX. For more information see www.karenfree.com
10/2008 to 09/2010: Outreach Speaker at DeVry University － Houston, TX. Ranked top nationally in lead generation. First in Houston Region During this time I also worked part time as an Energy Healing Practitioner and began teaching my own classes.
02/2003 to 08/2015: Bio-energy Healing Practitioner at Mind, Body, Spirit Healing － Houston, TX. Conducted private healing sessions with clients primarily suffering from mild to moderate stress and depression and chronic, serious or life threatening physical illness. Developed and taught energy healing class series adding group hypnosis to the energy practices of my teacher.
03/1999 to 06/2006: Outreach program Coordinator and Trainer at MTI College － Houston, TX. Top lead generator through Speaking Program. Hired and Trained High School Outreach Speakers and wrote and developed Speaking Programs, program materials and a variety of Outreach Programs based primarily on applied pyschology, NLP and Jungian Personality Type Theory (MBTI). Conducted Employee Training Program as a Certified Pacific Institute Trainer. This is an NLP based program authored by Lou Tice. Developed and taught Teacher In-Service Training’s in area high schools with an NLP certified, LPC Therapist. Teacher of Record in Applied Psychology.
03/1997 to 02/1999: Freelance Public Speaking at Karefree Empowerment Programs. Spoke primarily in local High Schools and Junior Colleges part time and was a full time mother to my new born child.
09/1986 to 10/1994: Senior Public Outreach Coordinator at National Education Corporation, NEC － Houston, TX. Developed successful Outreach Program to encourage high school students in primarily high risk areas to pursue post secondary education while developing and maintaining relationships with local school staffs and offering NLP teacher training programs to high school staff. Program was used as a model and extended nationally and it consistently ranked 1st in students and schools reached and business developed.
09/1982 to 06/1986: Senior Information Specialist and Trainer at Children’s Information and Referral Services, CRTS － Houston, TX. Information and Referral / Child Advocacy Specialist Replaced my position with a staff of professional volunteers (social workers, therapists, diagnostician and police women) whom I trained to facilitate information and referral calls for a broad range of child advocacy needs. Developed and taught effective screening and reporting of child abuse to Child Protective Services. Participated in the development and of public outreach program. Was a speaker in our outreach program and was referred by CPS as an advocate speaker on public television, local news broadcasts and two national magazines by Child Protective Services.
- 1986: Bachelor of Arts in Communications from Indiana State University － Terra Haute, IN
- 2015: Clinical Hypnotherapy, Medical Support, and Regression Certifications from the Hypnotherapy Academy of America － Albuquerque, NM